Beginning New Year of 2008 will be my chess comeback.
As part of my preparation are the in-depth studies of games against my future opponents. I will focus on their latest openings, their understanding of middle game and end game. You can help me by posting your comments regarding areas of strength and weaknesses of every player as you notice them on their games.
Please visit this site always.
- Engr Alex A. Valdez - www.alexvaldez.com

15-Year-Old Executive? Was He Qualified?

The newspaper reads,
"MANILA, Philippines -- Fifteen-year-old Mari Joseph Turqueza stunned National Master Efren Bagamasbad in the 11th and final round to top the 10th leg of the National Chess Federation of the Philippines (NCFP) Executives and Professionals Challenge recently at the Greenhouse Grill in Quezon City."
News source = http://sports.inquirer.net/breakingnews/breakingnews/view/20080115-112410/Turqueza-15-scalps-5-NMs
This chess news surprised me because the legal age to start a business and to pay tax is eighteen (18) years old.
What do you think? Please post your comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES